Sunday, March 29, 2009

Day Sixteen – No Worries

    Today’s workouts:
  • Beach walk (1 hr)
  • Abs/Core workout (1/2 hr)
  • Interval training (killer!) (1 hr)
  • Boxing (1/2 hr)
  • Interview with magazine writer
  • Massage!
  • 1-on-1 training (1 hr)
  • Surprise visit to a doctor
  • Cardio and a Movie (I did ½ hr)
Hi, Everyone! I’m afraid I don’t have anything meaningful or clever to say today {:-P I started the day a little bit early ‘cause I wanted to have my bike at the gym for the end of the day. Whenever we do a beach walk, one of the trainers collects us from the apartment complex and takes us directly to the beach, and then we go to the gym. So I cycled to the gym first and went in the van with Marco to get the rest of the crowd. It was the first time that it was foggy…it kind of blocks the view! No problem though…new kid on the block Maxime is here for her first full day. Maxime, I was thrilled to learn, is into musical theatre and will be going to Sheridan in Toronto later this year (hope I got that right, Maxime). We chatted the entire time, and before we knew it, we reached the pier and returned just barely in time. There are so many theatre buffs at the Camp that I think we should create CTTC – The Camp Technique Theatre Company. Maxime could be the young ingénue, Amber can be the sex kitten, Schuyler can be the sexy leading man, Karen would be perfect as The Unsinkable Molly Brown, and I’ll be the not-so-fat lady that sings at the end (hmmm, we need more men for acting). Michael can write our plays for us and Sean and Maxime can compose the music. Josie could be the official photographer/videographer/cinematographer (for when we start making movies). Divya could be the business manager. Courtney can be the publicist. Albert would be the producer. Nicola would be the director. (I’m going to find a position for everyone, dang it!).

Back at the gym, Sex Kitten put us through the abdominals/core workout. I’ve stopped counting the number of crunches that I’ve done (except of course, when the trainers indicate how many should be done). We also did full sit-ups AND those hateful leg-push-down exercises where you lie on your back with a partner’s feet beside your ears, and you hold onto his or her legs, lift your own legs, and your partner pushes your feet down each time you raise them back up, with straight legs, of course.

Next was interval training with Arleigh…y’know, I need to get her list from her because I was dizzied by the number of different up and down exercises that we did. I did manage to increase my usual treadmill speed though…no excuses now when a trainer passes by and sees that I’m only at 2.5mph…gotta kick it up more than that now! This took an entire hour and we were all just BUSTED afterwards. But today was a busy day for everyone, so not much time to relax! After my 11am meal, it was time for boxing with Marco. We learned a few more moves and it was fun to spar around a bit…it REALLY made me miss doing Tae Kwon Do!

Following this was the interview with Jessica, a reporter from a local magazine. I’m still not clear on the name of it but I will let you know when the time comes. Jeni and Arnae were also interviewed; we were each interviewed individually so I didn’t hear the other ladies’ Q & A. It was a short but fun experience.

Next up…MASSAGE! I get two a week but since I was scheduled for only one last week, I was happy to make up that one this week. Two days ago I started feeling a tingling sensation and numbness in my left hand in my thumb, index, and middle fingers. At first I thought I had leaned on my elbow weirdly and they fell asleep, so nothing was unusual. But all day yesterday the tingling and numbness happened several times. After chatting with Mom we figured it was a pinched nerve somewhere in my left arm, so I told Marco and Amber about it this morning. All day while working out the sensation continued off and on; I figured out that holding my arm at certain angles caused the sensation to occur (unfortunately none of these angles were avoidable). During the massage Nina did more work on my left arm; regrettably it didn’t solve the problem, despite her efforts (massage still felt fantastic, as always!). I was scheduled for a session with the counselor, Claire, but Nicola and Marco wanted me to see a doctor to get an EKG to ensure that the tingling was not related to my high heart rate. Marco kindly drove me to a clinic and yada yada yada…EKG was normal. Hurrah! Didn’t get me out of doing the Cardio & A Movie, however I only did half an hour ‘cause the doctor said that the tingling was a mild injury to the nerves in my wrist, so I just needed to ice it down and take some Advil. Done!

The Advil PM is kicking in as I finish today’s update. I need to get to sleep anyway, ‘cause tomorrow, they have finally put me on…….THE DUNES. Holy Shit. Divya obviously saw the shock and horror in my face when I saw the schedule. She assured me that I could do it and gave me some very helpful advice on getting up and down. What are The Dunes? Oh, let me tell you…and I haven’t seen them yet, so I’m pretty sure this is a pretty mild description. Just wait ‘til tomorrow when I see the Hill from Hell and you’ll get a much more vivid and accurate description. The Dunes are a 75-ft high man-made sand dunes with an extremely steep incline. The goal is to get up and down the hill as often as possible within two hours. TWO HOURS. Damn. I’m going to bed NOW.

Have a great Friday and a good start to your weekend. Somebody please have a bottle of Malbec for me, OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment