Saturday, April 11, 2009

Guest Blogger -- Mom's Side of the Story...

Mom was kind enough to put her thoughts about the last couple of days online. Hope you enjoy them!

Donna encouraged me to write a guest blog...I was too exhausted yesterday. Here goes...

04/09/09
After an uncomfortable second flight, 11 total hours of travel time and aggravation at the car rental at LAX, I arrived in Marina Del Rey anticpating viewing Donna's incredible accomplishments to date. I intentionally tried not to vision Donna's physical appearance. This is particularly difficult for me since I vision and plan everything...always. Donna has given us some teasers...a photo of her beautiful smile and dimples and the gathering of friends last weekend.

Nevertheless, as I pulled up, Donna popped out and for sure, there is Ms Shapely...hourglass figure and all. I would say it's like seeing one of those before-and-after total body tracings...Donna is now well inside that original tracing, for sure!!! The profile is the most remarkable...the loss in inches is truly amazing.

04/10/09
So you know what's coming...It's Friday and that means the Dunes!!! I haven't read Donna's updates for 4/10 but here's my accounting. I'm sure that Donna shared her awesome accomplishments!!! Not only 7, yes SEVEN, climbs but also at a record pace!!! Now mind you, this is also after working out at the gym. It was absolutely, amazing to watch Donna push on!!! Donna far outpaced me.

The Dunes: The hill is SO much steeper in person. When Donna shared her first experience, I researched the Dunes on-line. This was quite eye-opening...even very fit athletes bemoaned the challenges of the Dunes. My goal was two climbs and no shin splints. I accomplished 4.5 climbs...three without stopping then an additional 1.5 after a rest. During the rest I did a set of 70 dips with one of the new campers. Was the climb hard...OH MY!!! Yes, yes, yes!!! Every muscle in the leg was challenged. Read on to 4/11/09 to learn about reaching my goal of no shin splints.


Later in the afternoon, I did cardio and a full body core workout on my own. I can hardly believe what I watched Donna accomplish. The intensity of her workout is incredible. Think about Biggest Loser x5!!! We finished up together with cardio. I was exhausted...did the couch potato for the evening...and I had not expended nearly as much effort and energy as Donna!

04/11/09
I'm still exhausted after a good night's sleep. I decided not to go to boot camp with Donna. I just can't go back to work this exhausted. The treadmills at the apartment were being serviced so I walked outside for 45 minutes and then did a 25 minute full body core. Now I'm going to plan how Donna and I will be tourists this afternoon and tomorrow. Oh, by the way...no shin splints...hit my second goal. However, my abs and lats are sore. With the dips, the Dunes are close to a full body workout.

SUMMARY: Donna's dedication is awesome!!! I could not keep up the pace!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment