Monday, April 6, 2009

Day Thirty-Four – Quit Complainin’ Already!

    Today’s Workouts:
  • Stretching (1 hr)
  • Bike Ride (15 ¾ miles, 1 ¾ hrs – best yet!)
  • Circuit Training (1 hr)
  • Massage
  • 2-on-1 Training (1 hr)
  • Nutrition Meeting (1/2 hr)
  • Gym Boot Camp (1 hr)
Today I was thanking the Lord for a perfect bike riding day. It was warm enough to go without a windbreaker, the wind wasn’t too bad, the bike path was mostly clear, the extra cushion that I purchased for it worked nicely, and I saw Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson walking along the bike path. I made it to the end of the path in (my) record time and did that without stopping. Not bad, eh? I’m trying to get my time down to 45 minutes to the end so that I can climb the hill that is at the end of the bike path. Maybe I’ll do that next week if conditions are good. My legs are definitely getting stronger and are tiring less quickly. To further confirm that, at the END of the day during Marco’s boot camp, my final machine was the leg extension. This is the one that makes my thighs absolutely burn and then send that awful burning feeling throughout my whole body. I had to do 50 reps and I can barely do them withOUT weight added. Today, however, I decided to add more weight to all of my exercises and thus for the last 10 of the 50 reps I moved the weights up to 30 lbs. Gawd! Talk about BURN! But I managed to do them and was very pleased. I hope that exercises like that will make my thighs stronger so that I can pedal the bike and swim faster. We have swimming tomorrow and so far I’ve only been able to manage 64 laps. I want to surpass that sooner than later.

I’m realizing that I don’t have anything interesting or profound to say tonight! I’m feeling frustration more than satisfaction tonight. One reason is that I’m absolutely busting my arse and yet I can’t seem to get the calorie burn that others are getting. Another reason is that I still cannot do a proper pushup. And I can’t do jumping jacks because my boobs are too frickin’ big and it hurts like hell to jump and then it looks like I’m being lazy when I don’t do them correctly (nobody write about sports bras, OK? I’m tired of researching them and trying different ones on and NONE OF THEM WORK!). And another thing…my elbow still hurts! And so do my knees! And I didn’t get my breakfast order in the meal delivery. Lunch was half an hour late today; on our tight schedules that IS NOT COOL. And I’m ALWAYS tired and feel like there’s no recovery time. And since I’m tired I’m not taking care of the little things at home that I need to do (like, FILE A TAX RETURN EXTENSION – THAT’S IMPORTANT!). Aaaarrgh, all of the complaining that I promised I would not do is coming out now. I’m afraid that when I have my next weigh-in either tomorrow or Wednesday, I’ll only have another 4 lb loss. Geez, you’d think I was PMS’g but I’m NOT. Grrrrrr….I need to do some Tae Kwon Do. The boxing just isn’t enough to let it out, y’know? In Tae Kwon Do you get to kick a bag really, really hard. That’s what I wanna do. I wanna kick something really hard. I can think of a few people whose asses I’d like to kick really hard, but as that would land me an assault charge, maybe I can use the boxing bags if I have some free time tomorrow. I don’t know. I’ll sleep on it.

I know….write some of your funny complaints here…that’ll straighten me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment