Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Days Fifty-Three (Sat., Apr 25th) and Fifty-Four (Sun., Apr 26th) – A Quiet Weekend

    Saturday:
  • Beach Boot Camp (2 hrs)
  • 1-on-1 Session (1 1/2 hr)
    Sunday:
  • 50-Reps Circuit (1 3/4 hrs)
There’s not a whole lot to report for this weekend. I was missing Amy, of course, but by the time we got started she had landed back home in Bermuda. We had a smaller than usual group for Boot Camp with Marco & Jason, and afterwards, all of the others wanted to do the flag football, but I did not, so I ended up with a 1-on-1 session with Jason. I was satisfied with that. I was still having shoulder issues so we concentrated on lower body stuff. I was hoping by this point that I will have lost a couple of inches in my thighs and abdomen ‘cause that’s all I did for previous several days.

On Sunday, I tried to sleep in, but alas, my sleeping problems are unrelenting. Grrrrrrrr! At the gym we were on our own to do the 50-rep circuit. I did 4 of the sections, using only 2-lb or 3-lb free weights for the upper body exercises, but I was not able to do any of the upper body machines without any pain, even without any weight on them. Bummer. I’ve been working on getting a good back and eliminating those flags that are covering up my triceps, but they were going to have to wait a bit longer. Before leaving the gym we picked up our schedules for Monday. My eyes just about popped out of my head as the Santa Monica Stairs were on my schedule. Horrors. You know how much I dread the Dunes, but I was dreading the Stairs even more, for fear of the inevitable pain I was going to feel in my knees. Well, at least this time I didn’t moan and groan about it. I went home with the intention of getting to bed early.

On Sundays I usually relax a lot and catch up on some personal matters (you know, pay bills, write letters, etc) and I wanted to get caught up on the daily blogs, but my time at the laptop was limited due to my shoulder pain. I was also able to reconnect on Skype with a friend with whom I’d not seen or spoken in awhile; it was a great way to pass the time and catch up. And I was psyching myself up with positive thoughts for climbing the stairs the next day. So….off to bed I went!

No comments:

Post a Comment